Role- Technology Architect
Client: Education Domain
Professional Experience: We are looking for a qualified technologist with 7+ years of experience, to partner with a team of programmers and provide effective guidance as they are developing consumer-facing, new-age, digital-first educational products. You should have prior experience leading the development of tech products which have reached significant scale in the market.
- 7 Years of relevant industry experience, preferably in a big tech company and played an active role in development and launch of large & complex tech products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a reputed Engineering College.
- Proficient in at least three core development technologies used within XSEED. Sharp understanding of front-end and back-end application technologies. Strong hold on common software-programming design principles. Familiarity with a variety of data-stores is expected. A penchant for good API design and obsession over high-performance would definitely set you apart.
- Good knowledge of AGILE product development lifecycle and the process tools: SCRUM, JIRA-like tools; Familiarity with Pair Programming is a must.
Functional Skillsets: Since working on our product involves core mobile and web technologies, we are looking for people with good programming skills in the following areas:
- Mobile Development skills include React native, Flutter, iOS (Swift), native Android (Kotlin), React Native.
- Multiple Machine Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch), Bot frameworks (Microsoft Bot Framework, DialogFlow) and Computer Vision frameworks (OpenCV, Google Cloud Vision API).
Critical Traits and Qualities: Ability to get things done, being transparent and willing to learn are crucial to success in XSEED's dynamic cultural environment
- Exceptional ability to execute – get hands dirty, generate/manage resources, work within constraints
- Unafraid personality - micro-habits of decision making, confidence, assertiveness
- Learning mindset – curious, data-driven, open to feedback
Key responsibilities: Design and lead the development of an education-technology product spanning web and mobile front ends and a microservices back-end. The users would include teachers, students, parents and school owners.
- Projects Delivery: Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliverables. Pay high attention to detail in all work.
- Manage QA activity: Work with QA team to use automated frameworks to perform all testing.
- Agile Process Management: As an Agile engineering manager, you’ll need to outline expectations, have faith that your team will be self-organizing, remove impediments to their success, offer support and assistance where necessary, and solicit estimations of time/resources needed for them to do their job.
- Hands-on Coding: Participate in the development of the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces. Own coding for one or more modules of the project under development. Also, participate in and own data centre upkeep and expansion plans (DevOps activities).
- High Performance: Obsessively chase app performance. Employ industry-leading tools to monitor, report and improve app performance, like NewRelic.
Mentor: Act as a mentor for the developers on the team. Maintain high team morale. Encourage creativity and risk-taking. Monitor team performance, reward accomplishments and report on metrics, which can be used for appraisals