Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Reporting to the APAC RCO, this Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance, India is responsible for second line oversight for all risk disciplines, including compliance, across PayPal India. This position is charged with the implementation of the GGRC strategic plan and policies & standards to drive an industry-leading,
data-driven approach to excellence in enterprise risk and compliance management that meets both the PayPal global risk management framework and all local regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with GGRC professionals in APAC and globally to ensure effective implementation of
- the GGRC framework
- Manage relationship and exam/inspection reviews with all regulators and partners and ensure
- Inspection preparedness
- Establish processes with Legal and Government Relations to ensure awareness of all regulatory
- changes relevant to India (e.g. AML/CTF, payment regulations, consumer protection,
- technology, information security, privacy, data protection)
- Manage regulatory reporting/inquiries vis--vis the India FIU and RBI, and manage appropriate
- regulatory response to incidents and breaches
- Review new products/services for compliance with applicable India regulatory requirements
- Maintain and deploy GGRC management capability, including the provision of advice, insight
- and support to the India business, operational teams GGRC regional, international and other
- stakeholders on compliance matters, including with respect to both local and global PayPal
- Oversee and continue to enhance India AML policy and procedures, including with respect to
- KYC, suspicious transaction reporting, and enhanced due diligence requirements for high risk
- Support the management and development of the overall Compliance Program, including with respect to:
- Second line of defense risk assessments, gap analysis, control mapping
- Management of internal written policies
-Internal compliance training and education
-Administration of governance structure
- Work with the functional Internal Controls Partners (ICPs) to understand global risks impacting India as well as risk themes which may impact the business
- Maintain oversight of the centralized register of identified risks and issues to assist monitoring and reporting
- Ensure the GGRC framework is complete, consistent, cost effective and adds value for customers and shareholders(e.g. protecting their assets and interests)
- Foster confidence and provide assurance to management that GGRC framework is effectively managed, consistent with the local regulatory requirements
- Advise on the inherent risks and/or compliance issues pertaining to proposed business strategy and plans, including whether those risks are consistent with the agreed with appetite using objectively and balance
- Reinforce roles and responsibilities with respect to embedding GGRC across the 1st and 2nd lines of defense, and provide objective oversight and challenge of strategy, key business decisions and performance, for improved outcomes
- Oversee and report on 2nd line testing and controls
- Proactively work with 3rd line of defense (Internal Audit) to understand key issues and maintain oversight on resolution plans across businesses
- Drive a culture of risk and compliance across the business.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least 15 + years of experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in
- building risk and compliance frameworks for global financial institutions
- Fluent in English
- Strong relationship skills with India regulatory bodies such as RBI and the local FIU
- Sound knowledge of risk and compliance practices/framework and Indian regulatory obligations
- with respect to relevant areas of law (AML/CTF, Privacy, Consumer Protection, payments
- legislative requirements, etc.)
- Broad understanding of payments, credit and retail banking
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and manage relationships with key internal and
- External stakeholders on matters having significant business impact
- Leadership and judgment to analyze, evaluate, develop and effectuate solutions to complex
- Team player with creativity, resourcefulness, a passion for problem solving, comfort with
- ambiguity and interpersonal acumen.
- Ability to prioritize amongst many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it
- consistently, while remaining flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and innovatively and proven track record for
- delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong ability to source, manage and analyze data to drive risk management strategies and
- High energy and a desire to work in a results and team oriented, rapid growth environment
At PayPal, were committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we cant do this without our most important assetyou. Thats why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [HIDDEN TEXT].
As part of PayPals commitment to employees health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.