Advisor Closing & Reporting (Group Services)
- Great opportunity to work for a pioneering organisation at the forefront of mining.
- Join a global network and diverse team where people are encouraged to offer unique perspectives and build knowledge and connections.
- We offer competitive compensation, paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements.
- Permanent | Location: Gurugram
Rio Tinto is a leading international mining group headquartered in the UK. Rio Tinto's business is finding, mining, and processing mineral resources. Major products are aluminum, copper, diamonds, energy (coal and uranium), gold, industrial minerals (borax, titanium dioxide, salt) and iron ore.
Activities span the world but are strongly represented in Australia and North America with significant businesses in South America, Asia, Europe and southern Africa. For more information, please visit www.riotinto.com.
We are looking for an autonomous and motivated Accountant to join our Closing and Reporting group for Production mining entities. The person will support, monitor and lead the delivery of our financial accounting processes as part of the global shared services team, and will also seek to go beyond standard accounting service; this person will help us deliver the digital finance organization of tomorrow.
Working with our outsource partners; this role requires strong customer engagement and compliance skills, and the agility to respond to a rapidly evolving business environment. Based in our Delhi Hub, you will be working as part of a strong local team with defined career opportunities within our broader Rio Tinto Finance community.
Reporting line: Manager - Closing & Reporting
Scope: Your scope will include (but not limited to) below:
- Delivery of the financial accounting processes throughout the monthly cycle (including the delivery of the financial statements on month end, Review of financial statements, Data load in HFM.)
- Managing and collaborating with our outsource provider in making sure we are adhered to the basic principles, ensuring that respective journals and month end are posted correctly & timely & having a strong review mechanism over PL/BS/TB, process as a whole.
- Responsible for managing timely capitalization, DFA adherence for Disposals.
- Keeping a check on WIP/AUC account; ensure account is closely monitored for balance ageing and clean up.
- Own of the financial numbers in capital module at month end, being able to explain and provide commentary for key Fixed Asset account movements.
- Responsible for timely execution of Asset Verification and life review on annual basis
- Working on preparation & submission of various Indirect Tax returns along with clearing the GL & getting the relevant entries posted in the same.
- Working on banking activities including cash calls, cash clearing, hedging & posting the relevant accounting entries for the same.
- Liaising with internal partners on day to day performance management
- Contribute to immediate day-to-day issue resolution and to their long-term improvement in coordination with the offshore team and in alignment with the GS FS operating model.
- Measuring performance against define KPIs for your scope and presenting the monthly review of process to stakeholders and top management
- Sign off applicable controls & work with SOX auditors to ensure a controlled compliance environment.
- Support, liaise with Internal/External Auditors, and Substantiate audits.
- Continuously improving our processes with an innovative mindset by leveraging data analytics and digital solutions.
- Participate and lead in projects on new upcoming additional scope in GS: new customers, scope (i.e. Business Units and processes not currently covered) and new services
- Ensuring documentation (policies, procedures etc.) for both offshore activities onshore activities.
We are looking for passionate candidates having:
- Following Basics:
o A bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance.
o 6-9 years of experience in domains like closing & reporting, MIS, fixed assets, Intercompany, Cash management.
o Extensive Knowledge of SAP & HFM primarily FICO, MM, SD.
o Fluent workflow on HFM Smart view retrieves & HFM formulas to extract data.
o Strong technical skills in MS Office suite mainly Outlook & Excel.
o Experience of working with a BPO (outsourcing partner) delivery center
o Strong Interpersonal & stakeholder management skills.
o Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
o Exposure to work in an international work environment.
o Experience of Global Transitions
- And Advantageous/Preferred Skills:
o Qualified CA/CPA will have an added advantage
o Technical Skills & use of tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
o Experience in domains like Accounts receivables & accounts payables.
- Business Acumen to analyze and define business problems, to identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work on a global level is highly desirable.
- Business Improvement mindset and skills
- Ability to adapt to change, and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Apply today before 15/08/2020 if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.