JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The position Security Supervisor is a key figure within the operational security and safety risk management framework of the GS organization in India. The incumbent is responsible for the following key functions:
Must be available to work on-call on any given day(s) 24/7.
- Provide operational and tactical expertise and execution to ensure consistent and comprehensive delivery of security and safety operations in the area of assignment.
- Oversee assigned security guards and personnel in the area of assignment to ensure comprehensive delivery of security services and sound vendor management & oversight.
- Assess fire fighting and life safety equipment to ensure adequacy and workability and manage the distribution of emergency items ensuring availability at all times.
- Ensure workplace safety issues are addressed and that regular safety inspections are conducted.
- Safeguard company properties by managing the site alarm and external monitoring stations, coordinating with the Asia Pacific Control Room for all security related issues, and ensuring sufficient coverage and deployment of security guards.
- Assist in investigation on issues of criminal and code of conduct violations.
- Assist in local and regional administrative requirements such as budgeting, billing issues, headcount review, vendor dealings, induction for new hires of the firm and various administrative demands from the department.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of appropriate levels of liaison with the local Lines of Business and external agencies to ensure all security risks are identified and mitigated.
- Maintain strong and working relationships with other support functions (Human Resources, IT, Legal, Audit, Compliance, Global Real Estate).
- To implement agreed policies, standards, procedures and awareness to mitigate physical security risk ensuring consistent delivery of security operation in region.
- Support senior management by identifying safety and security risks and ensuring the smooth continuance of business functions during a disaster or other crisis.
- Contribute to the firm's local Incident Management team.
- Execute any other duties or projects as directed by GS&I; Senior Managers.
- Minimum relevant experience of 5 years in the security field.
- A diploma or relevant experience in a similar corporate & environmental theatre.
- Experience in the proactive implementation of safety, security and risk mitigation to safeguard firm assets and achieve the operational objectives of department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in safety, security and crisis management and organizational planning, co-ordination, and execution.
- Knowledge of emergency response planning & execution, crisis management, disaster recovery operations and business continuity awareness.
- Knowledge of executive protection, conference and event security.
- Effective reading, writing and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (inclusive of good understanding of all office applications).
- Experience in Emergency Response/Operations or Incident Management.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.