PLUM BENEFITS PRIVATE
About Plum :
We are making health insurance - simple, accessible and affordable. Hundreds of businesses of all sizes from startups to large corporates trust Plum for their employee's health protection.
Healthcare in India is seeing a phenomenal shift. Healthcare cost is seeing an inflation that is three times the general inflation. Treatments of diseases including Covid-19 can wipe out entire household savings. Majority of Indians won't be able to afford a health insurance on their own. As many as 600mn Indians would depend on employer-sponsored insurance.
Enter Plum. Plum is re-imagining the health insurance stack, and accelerating the penetration of health insurance in India to 100%.
Plum has forged new underwriting and fraud detection algorithms to enable companies as small as 2 to benefit from a group insurance. The platform enables realtime insurance design & pricing to enable companies to buy insurance in 3-clicks. And offers employees a hassle-free claims experience through an integrated digital process.
Plum is backed by leading global investors including Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, Tanglin Ventures and Incubate Fund (read more here)
About the role :
Having found exceptional product/market fit, we're in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to 'scale-up', and looking for a senior frontend engineer to help us scale Plum, and spearhead the frontend of our product.
You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in our product. You'll work as part of a small but rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product.
You'll be in charge of reviewing the implementation of applications following code standards and style guides. You would analyze and build UI Pattern Libraries (Design Systems, UI Kits, etc.)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Spec, build, test, and deliver new features while improving the performance and quality of the product.
- Run test-harness to guarantee the structure, integrity, and design of the application.
- Solve complex CSS, HTML, and User Interface compatibility issues across browsers.
- Implement front-end development workflows: build systems, dependency management, quality checkers (linting), etc.
- Ability to push things over the line, ship awesome features, and delight customers.
Experience and Qualifications :
- Comfortable with Responsive Web Design and Development and weave out beautiful code in React.
- Strong product and design sensibilities and has an obsessive attention to detail.
- Write testable, maintainable code that's easy to understand.
- Understand complex problems and break them down into smaller tasks.
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and collaboration.