- Troubleshoots low-to-moderate technical problems within acceptable service levels, often with assistance from teammates
- Communicates primarily within functional teams to provide problem resolution updates
- Strives to understand and leverages technical and incident communication structure
- Utilizes internal resources and teammates to investigate technology and comprehend procedures
- Monitors and reacts to output from tools and monitoring systems and applies information to outages and process improvement projects
- Reviews and analyzes company-specific and industry knowledge to build knowledge base; may contribute to documentation and knowledge bases
- Works on tasks that are single-threaded,
may work on multiple incidents or projects simultaneously depending on complexity
- Typically receives confirmation from more senior team members to move forward with complex system changes
- May assist in problem recreation and root-cause analysis with senior staff
- Adheres to standards, documented procedures, and technical improvements that are already established and implemented
- Properly escalates more complex instances to more senior team members
Detailed Job Description & Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as primary point of contact for monitoring all alerts generating from Virtustream commercial sector monitoring system, incident creation and coordination
- Responsible for performing basic validation steps, creating incidents before escalating to next level.
- Ensure that defined processes and procedures are being followed both in terms of horizontal and Vertical Escalation.
- Responsible for Day to Day operations of as per the Eyes on glass team activity matrix.
- Work closely with L2 / ROCC Teams on any Critical / High Priority Incidents.
- Responsible for communicating & coordinating with all key stakeholders on any critical outage as and when needed.
- Should have basic understanding of Application (SAP), OS, DB and Infrastructure i.e. Network/Storage/Backup technology.
- Good understanding of ITIL Framework on Incident & Event Management Process (Preferable).
- Hands on experience on any of the ITSM Ticketing Tool (Preferable).
- Good communication and written English
Mandatory skills : Incident Management, ServiceNow, Monitoring tools, Excellent communication