Job Title: Senior Employee Experience and IT Operations Lead
Reports To: IT Senior Operations Manager
- This role is related to IS Service Management and Service Delivery.
- A core element of the role is to support the site operational activities related to ongoing technical infrastructure and IS services in the established shared service centre of over 2200 users (and growing).
- Responsible for Information Technology (IT) network systems and infrastructure; administers the operating systems, and assures system integrity, security and access, app support, updates, maintains network infrastructure and coordinates resources.
- The role also involves proactive engagement for any ongoing project or migration activities.
- The role requires that the global GDBS IS operating model, based on ITIL processes, is adhered to within the site.
- An important responsibility within the support model is the relationship management with our IT partners, both internal and external, as well as IT governance across the shared service centre.
- Accountability also involves ensuring external and internal audit compliance relating to the site infrastructure
Leadership Responsibilities and capabilities
- BE AUTHENTIC Build and sustain trust with others through real relationships, driving change in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the kind of personal integrity that inspires others
- FINDING SOLUTIONS Partner with the business in finding solutions for risks and opportunities for Client.
- Apply root cause analysis to generate impactful business insights.
- Understand the internal and external risks and opportunities to enable the business to identify solutions.
- Be able to respond flexibly to changing environment and responsibilities.
- CONNECT TO THE CLIENT PURPOSEUnderstand the Client Purpose and how IS Services can “Sell or Help Sell”.
- Act like an owner in demonstrating brilliant execution in all service delivery.
- CONSISTENTLY DELIVER GREAT PERFORMANCE Stay focused on priorities and demonstrate rigour, brilliant execution and demonstrate personal accountability for great performance.
- Possess clear priorities and move effectively between strategy and operational detail.
- Be imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursuing opportunities for the business
- GROW YOURSELF Develop and apply self-awareness. Leverage strengths within the broader GDBS organisation and business and be receptive to new ideas and learnings.
- Actively seek to grow your capability and experience.
- Manage and own the day-to-day IS Operations of the Business Services Bangalore remit, including proactive identification of potential issues to the infrastructure that may impact the site and users.
- Management of strategic and local partners to support Infrastructure and applications in both an operational and projectized environment (through vendor management practises such as service reviews).
- Plan, implement and support the disaster recovery solution in alignment with business continuity plan requirements.
- Budget management (zero based budgeting), including operating plan setting and reporting against that plan.
- Project management,
acting either as a Service Introduction Lead or local point of contact for all IT infrastructure or service initiatives that have an impact on the site or employees within it.
- Service Operation - Oversee the efficient and effective running of all aspects of the EUC function, Tech caf, including categorise, prioritise, diagnose and resolution of service desk tickets.
- Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization.
- This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Service Delivery- Deliver and lead key service metrics and tasks for enterprise operations sites.
- Effectively manage the end to end IT assets lifecycle according to the business requirement.
- Monitors network environment, access, security, functionality and utilization; resolves traffic, security, and access issues; assures optimum network performance, system integrity and maximum uptime.
- Ensure that Client Business Service India systems and network processes adhere to group cyber security policy.
- Actively monitoring the latest cyber security developments and alerts to form strategies for the mitigation of threats in Client Business services India estate.
- Service Transition - Ensure all changes applied via the RFC process have met stringent checks and balances before being applied to production.
- Ensure all service releases created by team meet the minimum standards required by the IT Operations team before being approved for production release, i.e. documentation,
knowledge transfer and training for the IT Ops Team, supplier contact details, IT Governance (DR, BCM and security).
- Support the identification, screening and evaluation of new technology solution opportunities (non-function specific) to address customer needs in alignment to Client’s Digital & Technology roadmap.
- Monitors processes through to completion, escalating delinquent responses to ensure timely completion of cycles.
- Identifies opportunities for improving the efficiency of the processes, driving automated and standardized solutions.
- Ensure adherence to Client processes and compliance requirements related to the services provided Collaborate / Develop strong working relationships with key customers/stakeholders of the services provided from the centre.
Qualifications, Experience Required Functional Capabilities
- Bachelor degree relating to Information or Computer Sciences (or closely related discipline)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, within a multinational organisation in the capacity of managing infrastructure
- ITIL V3 Foundation certified, CCNA, VMware workspace one, Intune, IT hardware certifications would be plus.
- Has solid understanding of (and preferably experience in) the following areas: end user support, service desk, Windows servers, voice- and data network, telephony, IT security, SAP and business applications.
- Is experienced in project management (and preferably holds certification in PMI, Prince 2 or related methodologies).
- Has strong experience of vendor management and RFP process
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills and some history of working within a virtual team and amongst multiple disparate stakeholders. Has a clear customer focused mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence Information Technology Service Providers to execute needed improvements to deliver quality services.
- Experience of using an IT service management toolset, Network monitoring and ServiceNow ideally.
- Minimum 2 years in-depth experience with all aspects of infrastructure including firewalls, switches, routing, DNS/IP, fiber and copper, VoIP, WAN, wireless and wired environments
- Ability to create positive environment that can respond to constant change.
- Ability to work well with supervisors, co-workers, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and to undertake supervisory responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT related discipline (Computing, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or related job experience.
- Good to have – CCNA certification.
- Good level of server infrastructure understanding.
- Good network and telecommunications architectural understanding.
- ITIL certification is a must