- The main function of a Technical Help Desk Specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
- May install software or perform hardware testing remotely
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken,
or installation activities
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Experience in 3rd line or specialist support
- Experience in Hyper-v or VMWare support
- Experience supporting Microsoft 365, Active Directory, Windows 10, Experience in 3rd line or specialist support.