Sr. Business Intelligence Executive, Reporting CoE
Position Title: Sr. Executive/ Analyst - RCOE Function/Group: Solutions Development
Country: India Location: Mumbai
Recommended Level: PG45 Job Type: Full time
Role Reports to: Assistant Manager Geographical Scope of the Role - Location: Domestic
Percentage of travel required: 0%
Job Overview (Briefly describe the purpose of job in no more than 2-3 sentences.)
RCOE Team in Solutions Development vertical is responsible for execution and publishing/development of the reports and Visualization dashboards which support and aid in decision making process for various Operational Units and Functions across different geographies within General Mills. It leverages different reporting tools, industry leading dashboards, Data Visualizations in the areas of Finance. Supply Chain, Sales functions and C&F; vertical too.
This group also provides opportunity to support leadership team reporting and dashboarding support for key strategic business issues, projects and programs. The group works directly with SME’s, Tech Consultants and Project Managers for developing and communicating business issues, project scope, key assumptions and considerations, data massaging, data cleansing using data visualization.
Job Responsibilities (Describe the responsibilities of the role)
(Consider listing the primary duties/responsibilities of the role and the approximate percentage of time spent on overreach area during the course of a year. Percentages should add up to 100%. Do not list any duties or responsibilities that require less than 5% of the role’s time.)
Please use the following rows to clarify the responsibilities.
A. Data Extraction, Reporting & Insights – 70%
- Day-to-day operational and administrative management of systems and data — including the intake, storage, processing, and transmission of data to internal and external systems
- Extract / retrieving data out of various data sources for further data processing or data storage.
- Data cleaning from different systems/ Data sources
- Data formatting – Structuring/ Mapping different data sets into Master views for Dashboard.
- Incumbent will take down business requirement, plan, execute and build reports that will aid the business needs on sustainable period. The deliverables include both regular reports and ad-hoc requests.
- Leveraging VBA/MS Access for Automation/Streamlining Reports/Dashboards.
- Gain requirements and develop the best approach for the Report enhancement request that is coming from different stakeholders and functions.
B. Innovation & Collaboration - 20%
- Carry out research and bring in new ideas to develop and implement standard processes, tools/solutions to ensure best practices are followed in the deliverables.
- Collaborates with business and IS team to use best approach in data – gathering, massaging, representation
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing), and interact with the clients & cross functional stakeholders.
C. Learning & Development – 10%
- The incumbent will work closely with the Clients, Project Managers, and Senior Analysts and will be reporting to an Assistant Manager/Manager.
- Create and maintain documents as per End User Computing (EUC) guidelines
- Attend Webinars/Conference/Knowledge share sessions to keep updated on latest Analytics insights.
Desired Profile (Describe the expectations from the candidate)
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: NA
Required Professional Certifications: NA
Preferred Professional Certifications: NA
Minimum years of related experience required: 3+ Years
Preferred years of related experience: 3-5Years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- MS Excel – Intermediate to Advanced- formula, Calculations, VBA etc.
- MS Access – Basic to Intermediate Access Knowledge, VBA, Forms etc.
- MS Office – Word, PowerPoint
- Visualization – Basic understanding of Visualization tools
Competencies/Behaviours required for job
Communication - Ability to effectively communicate ideas (via written & verbal communication) with stakeholders from different functions within the organization. Engages in cross functional collaboration to identify innovative solutions and optimization.
Problem Solving / Analytical skills – Ability to understand the business requirement and convert into solution development needs. Incumbent should have experience in working on large data sets. Can identify issues and provide ideas/solutions for resolution.
Additional Information (Please describe as clearly and concisely as possible any additional information that would be important to understand fully the role, responsibilities, nature, and scope of the job.)