Suit Up Talent!
Delhi - India
Publié le 20/11/2019
EPoD India at IFMR, in collaboration with Yale University’s Economic Growth Centre and MacMillan Center, work together to use economic frameworks and analytical tools to answer pressing policy questions and spur real-world change. We partner with policymakers to understand challenges to achieving policy objectives, design and test interventions, and share applicable insights from economic theory and empirics to more effectively deliver public services and improve the well-being of vulnerable groups. Current areas of research include gender and economic engagement (labor markets, technology, and financial inclusion); environmental policy, and governance.
We are currently recruiting one or more Post-doctoral Research Fellows to support a portfolio of research studies in India. Final portfolio allocations will depend on candidates’ interest, experience, and skillset; ideal candidates have experience and research in one of our core focus areas listed above. The position will provide the selected candidate(s) an opportunity to gain first-hand experience conducting empirical research at the forefront of economic research and public policy while contributing to an agreed upon project portfolio. Responsibilities within the project portfolio include supporting research design and implementation, overseeing data collection and analysis, and managing grants and project staff. This position requires a self-starting candidate with proven expertise in applied economics research who can effectively navigate India's institutional landscape and appropriately represent our work to outside stakeholders. The position will provide a talented early career researcher the opportunity to work directly with top academics and begin building their own research portfolio.
- Manage and supervise technical aspects of select research projects in collaboration with the research team.
- Conduct econometric analysis under the direction of senior researchers.
- Manage relationships with funding organizations and partner institutions; work with partner institutions and governments to set strategic priorities as well as coordinate project administration and logistics.
- Oversee field-based team to manage research project activities, including intervention implementation, and contribute to field-based scoping, survey design, and survey testing.
- Compile, assess and synthesize research into policy briefs, white papers, and academic articles with guidance and oversight of Yale-affiliated research faculty.
- Contribute to our team’s overall management and strategic vision by identifying new research projects and partners and applying for additional sources of funding in partnership with research team.
- Provide appropriate inputs and support for administrative requirements of the project portfolio, upon request, which may include financial management, budgeting, procurement, contract set-up and compliance, grant reporting, deliverable tracking, etc.
- PhD in economics, public policy, political science, statistics, econometrics or related field with a strong applied focus
- Advanced coursework in empirical methods, including econometrics and economics with strong demonstrated academic performance
- Solid understanding of research project design and experience with data collection and field work
- Proven analytical skills and proficiency in Stata and/or R; experience in Python a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and propose timely solutions with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to quickly to changing environments
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from Research Associates to academics, donors, research institutions, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel frequently and spend significant time at research project sites, as needed
- Ability to independently drive research projects and produce independent, high-quality original empirical research in mutually agreed upon areas
- 3 to 5 years of field research or field research management experience in international development or related field
- Experience with research grants management, budgeting, and project management
- Proven success in fundraising for research studies with clear policy relevance
- Demonstrated interest in public policy and South Asia
This position will be based in Delhi, India or New Haven, CT, USA, with frequent travel throughout the country expected. Fellowships are one-year positions with the possibility of extension upon mutual agreement.