Job: Business Support and Management
Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 07/Apr/2021, 6:05:23 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a high caliber CRM Product Owner, Service to become part of the Client Coverage COO team, to help deliver incremental and strategic transformation initiatives for our in-house GEMS Platform on behalf of Commercial, Corporate, and Institutional Banking. Key responsibilities include taking up product ownership of the bank’s customer service platform GEMS enhancements to outserve Customer experience in line with Compliance and Risk aspects and implementing change in close collaboration with the Senior and Chief Product Owners.
- Define, refine, socialize, and track product roadmap for the owner customer service capabilities together with the Senior and Chief Product Owner
- Share knowledge of Commercial, Corporate, and Institutional banking CRM customer service business processes and propose process changes based on industry best practices
- Work with business and IT teams to drive the definition and design of GEMS Application solutions, which integrate into the other business application & process landscape
- Take up product ownership for assigned GEMS enhancements capabilities, the respective backlog, and scrum team delivery
- Create clear user stories applying a deep understanding of AS-IS vs. TO-BE processes and well thought through acceptance criteria to achieve to intended business outcome
- Drive requirement workshops and other end user/business stakeholder discussions
- Effectively manage common & conflicting needs across different business stakeholders and arrive at a common ground
- Where required, drive business readiness through the coordination of global functional testing, the preparation of communications, and the execution of training
- Follow the established Agile Delivery Framework governing the interaction between Product Owner and Scrum team that support GEMS Application deliveries.
- Learn and gain adequate knowledge on GEMS Application to be able to make appropriate solution recommendations and design decisions based on both platform knowledge and industry best practices
- Include and collaborate with junior team members in design activities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Past experience in designing and delivering wholesale banking customer service capabilities spanning across multiple segments and product areas
- Mastery of hands-on Agile methods with minimum of 3 years experience
- Degree in Management or Engineering with a strong Business Process affinity/background
- 5+ years of project experience rolling out change implementations
- Very good communication skills (written and oral)
- Understanding of relationship management systems, processes, and roles in a corporate, institutional, and commercial banking setting
- Strong in Conflict Management
- Strong analytical skills with ability to deep dive to drive solutions – methodical and thorough
- Strong stakeholder management skills in engaging senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to perform under a high pressure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to present to a large audience with comfort
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal management oversight
- Ability to work with cross functional teams across business and technology
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.