Acko General Insurance Limited
About the company
Acko is a three year old, disruptive insurtech startup that is productizing insurance, making it simpler, cheaper and easier to use. While we are a young company (just three years old!), we are growing at a healthy clip, have been recognized as one of the top insurtech startups world wide and are well funded by top tier investors. We are an employee centric company and feel proud about being featured in “Best Places to Work”. We are 400 people strong and located in HSR layout, Bangalore, India.
About the team and the role
We are looking for a creative, confident and impact hungry engineering manager for one of our engineering team.
The team is a full stack team that works on initiatives that fuel the growth of our existing insurance products. These initiatives span the full spectrum of short, medium and long term projects. Some of them involve hard technical problems while some others need creative product and performance marketing hacks. All of them require fast paced engineering and touching code across the software stack including code written by others.
Skills and experiences we are looking for:
- 8 years of technology experience, with at least 2 years of direct engineering management experience
- Experience managing a 5-15 people engineering team in an agile product org
- Track record of working collaboratively with product and semi-technical stakeholders
- Grasp of product and business management principles and metrics
- Strong motivation, delegation, influencing and delivery skills
- Clear thinking, crisp communication and organized work habits
- Solid planning and analytical skills with the ability to turn high level problems into narrower, better defined sub problems that can be worked on by team members
Personality traits we value:
- Self management
- Strong sense of ownership
- Bias towards action and delivery
- Creativity in problem solving
What's in it for you
- This is a highly visible role which offers you the opportunity to make your mark, create impact and grow rapidly
- Opportunity to be part of a motivated leadership group involved in a wide spectrum of company building activities
- Excellent compensation, employee benefits and possibility of meaningful equity participation