Job Title Buyer Operations – Animal Protein
Segment Mars Pet Nutrition India
Job Level T1
Deliver to Mars a competitive advantage by achieving maximum value for money related to Mars Pet care, India total cost of ownership for Raw Materials –Animal Protein.
Execute sourcing strategies. Assure supply continuity to Pet care manufacturing site while delivering consistent, efficient, responsive and reliable quality supply chain.
Managing the supplier base and building business relationships with the suppliers.
- Understand the use and impact of Raw Materials in process and products.
- Assure a reliable supply (short and long-term) of Raw Materials for manufacturing site. Ensure that the manufacturing site operate without interruption due to supply.
- Design buying strategies and direct supplier negotiations. Ensure proper commercial terms and contracts for the supplier base. Efficiently manage supply, price, quality, legal and IP risks.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in supplier relationship management. & proactively manage Supplier Relationship.
- Accountable for Raw Materials Prime & COGS (cost of goods sold) savings. Deliver the targeted costs savings each year.
- Maintain the agreed inventory norms for the raw materials.
- Quality- “Associate is responsible to ensure effective implementation of Mars QMP (Quality Management Process), Quality and Food Safety requirements including Personnel Hygiene and GMP stated by the Organization as applicable. Associate shall deliver through Respective Area/Process Standard Operating Procedures. Meet basic competency requirements mentioned in the job Role Skill Matrix to ensure Quality and Food Safety requirements are implemented to satisfactory level.”
- SES-Overall responsibility to ensure the individual compliance to Mars Global/Asset conservation standards and other relevant local SES legislation. Responsible for implementing and maintaining all relevant SES Management systems in their respective work area. Responsible for understand risks and controls in their area, get appropriate training, report all incidents and ensure that SES objectives are captured as KRA's in ITMS
Context and Scope
- Implementation of buying strategy. Once a strategy has been agreed upon this role will develop suppliers in accordance with the Standard commercial framework and policies governing SQA to a point whereby the supplier is able to supply Mars with fit for purpose raw materials and packaging.
- The provision of governance and leadership to manage activities including aim at minimising supply risk, alternative materials, managing agricultural commodity variability, supplier development, resolving major disputes, ensuring conformance to Mars quality and ethical standards.
- Development and management of strong supplier and internal customer relationships to deliver high quality service delivery and value added initiatives. This requires a sound ability to develop close working relationships with internal clients and external suppliers to ensure agreed timings are met or exceeded, to drive improved efficiencies, develop new ways of working or encourage innovation.
1. Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in any discipline - Science preferred
Minimum 4 years of experience preferably Buying and in FMCG Industry