JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Asset Management India Guidelines
AM Guidelines - Associate
Portfolio Compliance: Coding & Monitoring, Trade Surveillance, Alert Management.
AM Guidelines team supports portfolio managers by updating Investment management mandates on Compliance platforms and monitoring alerts for Institutional client guidelines. Coding involves setting up client & compliance regulations in systems to enable effective monitoring of guidelines. Monitoring requires managing the alerts, breaches generated pre/ post trade as a result of trades/ non-trading actions and communicating effectively with various stakeholders.
Description of Functions
- Annotation/Interpretation of Investment management Agreement/Prospectus/ SAI / Delegate Sleeve Agreements
- Scheduling the Annotation meeting with Desk/IS/PDs to get their buy ins on Interpretation
- Coding client and regulatory rules on compliance platforms.
- Rule Testing & Standardization
- Counterparty and broker setups for trading
- Setting up strategy benchmark and client approved security List
- Leveraging Machine learning tools for standard rule setups
- Performing analytical review of Investment Guidelines provided by investors and institutions.
- Partner with various operations team to improve data availability and overall quality of underlying data.
Scope & Responsibilities
- New account coding, reviews & revisions including on-boarding activities.
- Review new data analytics and update compliance platforms
- Understand and setup rules as per ratings agencies
- Identification of coding issues.
- Maintenance of Legal & Compliance approved & restricted lists.
- Counterparty maintenance.
- Work on Rule coding standardization across supported regions.
- Perform periodic reviews of account coding to ensure accuracy & consistency.
- Setting up trading brokers and counterparty Limits, exposure as per IMA
- Evaluate coding accuracy & communicate in case of any discrepancy.
- Partner with monitoring team to reduces false breaches and manually monitored guidelines.
- Periodic Governance with stakeholders
- Participate in local and global Projects
- Process/ system enhancements along with regression testing
Performance Areas & % Time
- Workflow management.
- Adherence to time-bound SLA for all Coding and List updates.
- Generate periodic Metrics and KPI
- Perform manual checks as per tests agreed with Risk & Front Office.
- There is no tolerance to errors - non-completion or incorrect action by Guidelines team may lead to Loss and/ or Client impact.
- Portfolio manager query emails must be reverted on the same day.
- 6-8 years of work experience of Portfolio Guidelines Coding/ Monitoring.
- Professional expertise with trade compliance applications such as LZ Sentinel, Charles River, Aladdin (Compliance), SimCorp Dimension, ThinkFolio.
- Professional level understanding of 1940 Act, UCITS Regulations or ERISA will be added advantage.
- Analytical & Interpretation skills: Client agreement language needs interpretation and post trade compliance tests performed need data analysis skills. Team needs to understand financial instruments which are being traded by Portfolio Managers to code guidelines or to perform secondary research.
- Detail Orientation: Function is critical from an impact perspective. Need eye for detail and there is zero tolerance to oversight mistakes.
- Communication (Spoken - Assertiveness & Written): Need to communicate with Front Office (Portfolio Managers), Onshore Leads, Client Services on need basis to ensure correct interpretation by the coding team & to confirm client guideline breaches are understood by Front Office for necessary correction of the trades. Portfolio breaches need to be explained with requisite details over the email.
- Understanding of Portfolio Management, Role of Portfolio Manager, Key aspects of Investment Management.
- Individual contributor & effective team player. Can be in a people management role based on requirement.
Proficiency level 1 - Beginner, 2 - Intermediate, 3 - Advanced
- Portfolio Management - 2
- Fixed Income, Equity, Liquidity, ETFs, Multi Asset Solution, BETA - 2
- Portfolio Compliance Coding/ Monitoring - 3
- Bloomberg - 3
- Investment Strategies - 2
- Sentinel/ Charles River/ Aladdin (Compliance)/ SimCorp Dimension/ ThinkFolio - 2
- Interpretation of Legal Language from Client Guidelines - 2
- 1940 Act, UCITS Regulations - 2
- MS Excel - 3
- Communication - Spoken & Written - 3
- Project Management - 2
APAC/ EMEA/ North AmericaJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.