Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
IBM i (AS/400) Support
Production & Engineering
Business Line / Function:
Wealth Management Global Hub
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
As an IBM i (AS/400) Support, expected to work on both the technical maintenance and the application support within the IBM i ecosystem. We are looking for someone who has the right balance of infrastructure knowledge, supported with a basic background on banking applications.
A strong expertise on IBM i Administration, with mid-level experience on MQ & CFT, is required for this position and to be assessed during technical interview.
Need to work closely with both Application Developers and Infrastructure teams.
roles will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing 1st and 2nd level technical support on IBM i production & non-prod environments.
- CL programming, to be utilized in automation and system monitoring.
- Doing regular system maintenance and health checks, and automate where possible.
- System administration and regular patching cycles.
- Manage the application deliverables and deployments.
- Enhance and test application continuity between production and DR sites.
- Assist developers with complex technical inquiries.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and release deployments after business hours.
- 1st level technical On-call support for production jobs.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification required
- 5 years of overall experience in I.T.
- At least 3 years’ experience with IBM i administration and/or technical support
- Critical and Analytical thinker with strong problem solving aptitude
- Hands-on experience in working on both Production and Non-Production environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good SQL skills
- Good knowledge in deployment automation tools (ARCAD, DROPS)
- Good knowledge in middleware connectivity (MQ, sFTP, or equivalent)
Good to have
- Basic understanding on project management and ITIL practices (Incident, Problem, and Change management processes)
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies with focus on Scrum Framework
- Batch scheduling tools (Autosys or equivalent)
- Some knowledge in RPG and Cobol programming
- Experience in Wealth Management or in Banking
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage a project
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)