About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India and Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. Wells Fargo operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about Wells Fargo India and Philippines at our International Careers website.
The Business Services team across locations provides processing and voice support and to enable a follow-the-sun delivery model for Wells Fargo that would help us service our customers faster. Business Services teams perform bank operation processes across divisions of WF Home Lending, Wholesale Ops, Wealth & Investment Management (WIM), PVSI & Community banking.
About the Role
This is a position on the DTC Settlement Operations Team which is responsible for the settlement and Syndicate accounting of new issue securities.
Position requires superb organizational and problem solving skills, knowledge of investment bank back office processes, understanding of basic accounting principles and the ability to partner effectively with various interested parties including Traders, Bankers, Bond Counsel, Trustees, Finance and Compliance departments.
- Monitor both internal and external systems related to DTC trade settlements from both trade clearance and operational risk standpoints.
- Provide support to the various syndicate trading desks and investment banking teams across Wells Fargo Securities and Wells Fargo Bank, NA.
- Obtain eligibility for securities, funding issuers on settlement date, reconciling deal related revenue, paying deal related expenses
- Create deal profit and loss statements, distributing revenue and statement of accounts to outside Syndicate members, maintaining extensive documentation of the Syndicate process and booking general ledger entries
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- Experience of 5-7 years in financial services operations background with demonstrated knowledge of operational functions and general industry practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical proficiencies
- Ability to learn multiple systems/applications quickly and strong organizational skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks while managing competing deadlines
- Must be willing to work overtime hours on short notice
- Must be team oriented and be able to perform at a high level under pressure
- Good understanding of all capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes and industry-wide best practices. Proven ability to lead projects/initiatives supporting a variety of product areas with high risk and complexity.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; exceptional attention to detail; ability to work independently and multi-task; strong technical and problem-solving skill
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.