Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions..
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
27 Jan 2021
Business Line / Function:
Wealth Management / WMIS Hub
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
WMIS Products division is responsible for project delivery and application support for all Product Knowledge, Referential, Structured Products, Execution and Reporting.
Products division is looking for a Functional Tester (Test case definition + Manual Testing + Guidance for Automation if possible) to join the team in Chennai to work primarily on projects in Products. Candidate will be reporting to the Product – BA Chapter lead.
Functional Testing will include projects in product knowledge and distribution solutions for various asset classes. This role provides an opportunity to work across wide range of projects in the division. Current projects in the division include building a new referential data platform and managing the distribution of Socially Responsible Investment Data.
The focus for this role will be on the new Socially Responsible Investment tool.
The candidate will work within our Products Division. Candidate will:
- Understanding of structured test methods and processes
- Test delivery (Functional test, System integration tests, Regression tests)
- UAT tests support process
- Strong in Manual Testing
- Automated Test experiences is an added advantage
As BNP Paribas Employee :
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of overall experience as Test Analyst
- 5+ years in banking industry
- Investment Banking or Private Banking is Mandatory
- Experience with Market Data feeds/Referential Data is mandatory
- Proficient in test life cycle.
- Manual Functional testing with various techniques
- Integration testing with Stubs and Drivers
- System Integration testing
- End to End testing
- Hands-on experience in writing test cases for complex projects, test data preparation and test execution.
- Hands-on experience in writing test cases using technical specification documents.
- Test cases optimization to achieve coverage and quality.
- Proficient in using Quality Center/ HP- ALM.
- Coordination with various teams on testing activities (understanding application/domain/requirements, test cases writing, execution and defects).Excellent communication skills, able to engage with end users and stakeholders at various levels
Specific Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Hands on experience of Unix commands
- DB queries is a strong plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)