Asian Development Bank
The Project Assistant will coordinate project specific and administrative requirements for the INRM, including providing analysis to support portfolio management; updates databases and documents of ongoing projects; including organizing and maintaining records, preparing correspondence and reports, interacting with various stakeholders to keep abreast of all project/program issues and other appropriate functions as required. The incumbent will report to designated international staff (IS) and senior national staff (NS).
- Assists in the preparation and updating of project administration manual by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices, and preparing draft on various sections,
including project description/scope, project cost, loan allocation, procurement, loan covenants, etc;
- Assists in preparing and updating individual project performance reports (PPR) every month for loans outlining all the required details for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed, and participating in the departmental PPR meetings when needed;
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects for the generation of various reports required by the Department and Management;
- Assists in monitoring and analyzing the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows up these matters with the executing agencies (EA);
- Undertakes regular portfolio analysis requiring collations from multiple data sources existing in ADB, simulations and assesses likely scenarios and trends as advised by supervisors from time to time;
- Supports all portfolio matters (including management of related data) in preparation of presentations and analytics for high level meetings and back up data analytics.
- Participates in various missions as required such as inception, review, mid-term mission and project completion report missions by providing support in collecting data on contract awards and disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, familiarizing EAs with ADB's loan procedures, and assisting them where necessary in the preparation of various reports and applications.
- Assists in maintaining records needed to monitor compliance with project and technical assistance (TA) covenants. Inputs data on the status of such compliance into the database at INRM
- Assists in monitoring physical progress in projects/TA implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of EAs to expedite procurement/contract awards;
- Familiarizes EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensuring their compliance with project covenants. Follows up on outstanding obligations of executing agencies such as the submission of financial statements, monthly and/or quarterly progress reports;
- Assists national staff in updating procurement (including consultant recruitment) plans, reviewing procurement (including contract) documents, and drafting responses on procurement matters and internal procurement processing documents’
- Maintains data management systems and Assists in reviewing withdrawal applications for compliance with project agreement; and
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- University degree in civil Engineering or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in infrastructure sectors, project related activities; experience in international agencies will be preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of various stages of the project cycle including procurement, contract administration, and progress management. Knowledge of Federation International des lngenieurs-Conseils (FIDIC) conditions of contract is an advantage;
- Experience in portfolio analysis, simulations and data management
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, presentation applications);
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions and areas of analysis;
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member and to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds;
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials;
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making;
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English and familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4 - 5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.