AMG Data Management
AVP – Document Analytics
Global Career Band:
Location: (Country/City) :
Hiring Manager Name:
Recruiter Name :
Why join us? (Overview of Dept./Function)
HSBC Asset management group has a strong heritage and has been in financial markets for 150+ years. The global service center (GSC) in Bangalore has served as a Global Offshoring hub for various businesses of HSBC, including the asset management group (AMG), and currently enjoys the distinction of being the only offshore service center for the AMG business.
AMG Document Analytics is one of the key pillar of AMG Foundational Data Capability. The team will be responsible for extracting, managing and analyzing unstructured data collated from different locations in 28 countries. This team will have continuous engagement with global and local business teams of AMG to collect, analyze and transform information for meaningful business use.
The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
In this role, the incumbent(s) will be responsible for managing day to day workflow of collecting various document types like ISDA, Investment Management Agreements (IMAs), Product Prospectus, Vendor Contracts, Factsheets, Annual Reports, Regulatory documents etc. The role holder will have to digitize this information for multiple business purposes and uses, transfer it to designated storage from where it can be passed on to other business tools/systems in Front Office, Operations, Research, Legal, Compliance and Marketing. The candidate should have excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills. This is the lead role for small team being setup in offshore but the role holder should be able to get work done from various stakeholders in different locations without having any direct managerial control.
What you’ll do: (List out Key Responsibilities)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following –
- Lead the workstream for day to day operations
- Engage with third parties and global stakeholders
- Manage user administration for Document Analytics Data Service
- Understand data lineage, create taxonomies, write business decision rules, digital content engagement and management and manage overall data quality in data service
- Regular engagement with Operations teams for process automation opportunities
What you will need to succeed in the role: (Minimum Qualification and Skills Required)
- 10-14 years of work experience in Asset Management / Financial Services industry
- Should be comfortable in reading and understanding complex documents and well versed with legal terminology
- Understanding of data lineage, metadata, OCR and normalization concepts
- Well versed with ISDA, Product and Regulatory documentation
- Understanding of investment management business, funds, managed or separately managed accounts
- Hands on approach in Project Management
- Should be self-motivated, self-starter and result oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
What additional skills will be good to have? (List out good to have skills and certifications)
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP), SQL, Tableau or Python
The information contained in this job description is a true and accurate reflection of the job as specified.