Job: Business Support and Management
Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 07/Apr/2021, 2:20:24 AM
Unposting Date: 12/Apr/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead projects for report automation to minimize manual preparation, increase efficiency, and reduce cost for the bank.
- Prepare project timelines and manage the expectations of all the relevant stakeholders
- Prepare and/or contribute to regular updates for various committees and governance forums.
- Provide insights to senior management and the network based on MIS and analytics.
- Set up regular scrum meetings following Agile Methodology to closely track the progress of the project and highlight any potential impediments.
- Create strong blending data capabilities within team so that we can come up with useful client information from data very quickly.
- Perform data validation and dashboard performance optimization.
- Engage and execute the dashboards on Tableau or similar visualization tools as required.
People and Talent
- Engage with business stakeholders across countries and gather requirement and liaise with ETL team to get the required data preparation.
- Manage and utilize all the resources across different region and countries dedicated for report automation.
- Highlight any perceived risks and early alerts to the management based on data analytics.
- Ensure proper handling of data and follow data governance policy.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Report Automation Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- IMO Performance Improvement Team
- CCIB Technology / EDMP Database Team
- CCIB Country Team
Our Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record with 8 years or more of relevant analytics work experience and demonstrated career progression/increase in responsibilities
- Strong academic record: Degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in SQL and Alteryx will be highly considered.
- Knowledge of either SAS, R, Python or Excel is a plus
- Strong understanding of Hadoop Database is desirable.
- Knowledge of Tableau or similar visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience with file formats like JSON, XML and CSV is good to have.
- Accessing data from API's would also be hugely beneficial.
- Understanding of the ETL process
- Highly effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management
- Experience in project management from business requirement definition, solution validation, user testing, technical documentation and production roll out
- Knowledge of statistical modelling and machine learning will be an added plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.