Primary Location: Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 03/May/2021, 1:02:09 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Operating within the process and technology owners responsible for managing and maintaining risk portfolio for CCIB TB- T&I; across the Bank. Provide support and expert advice, as well as ‘hands on’ support to enable T&I; to manage its risk profile and to fulfil its obligations under the ORTF/ICS RTF and other applicable risk type frameworks.
- Work with the domain teams to ensure processes and controls are suitable to enable building and maintaining sustainable, well-controlled business solutions. Ensure transparency and appropriate escalation of material risks through relevant governance processes.
- Work actively with the Cash Business and Operations and technology Teams to push client agenda and support respective businesses in risk reduction implementation activities.
- Continually evaluating services on Fit for purpose and run streamlined remediation programs with focused outcomes aligned to business and client priorities and risk reduction for the epic risk.
- Possess good banking knowledge and collaborate with relevant Operations, Technology and country stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Provide ‘hands on’ support to ensure all relevant bank governance and risk requirements are met for the domain.
- Process knowledge on Agile framework and ceremonies and internal governance processes.
- Engage and work with TB technology and governance teams in driving robust system change process aligned with the bank’s change and system delivery management framework.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values
- Individual contributor and team player
- Work in collaboration with teams and stakeholders
- Require High interpersonal and Negotiation skills
- Responsible for management and support embedding group standards risk management framework for the domain.
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with all T&I; CCIB teams as well as other stakeholders including Operational Risk, ICS, Technology Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Provide risk and governance advice and direction to the domain owners.
- Front to back 1LOD (as part of 3LOD model) for domain scope, covering Identify, evaluate and respond to risks.
- Identify, assess and evaluate risk to enable the execution of the enterprise risk management strategy within CCIB-TB.
- Identify and evaluate risk response options and provide management with information to enable risk response decisions.
- Review all systemic challenges including obsolescence, capacity, scalability and ICS challenges.
- Review, validate and agree the risk item status reporting (KRI) which will be used consistently across the domain for risk governance bodies and ensure accuracy of data collated by collaborating with technology heads and risk control owners and communicate the status to relevant stakeholder to enable informed decision making
- Ensure regular reviews of risk items for trends, challenge and ensure resolution of the underlying issues and ensure defects are fed back to the domain teams.
- Apply risk criteria to assist in the development of the risk profile for approval.
- Assist in the development of risk response action plans to address risk factors identified in the organizational residual risk profile in a cost-effective manner and in line with business objectives.
- Work with technology heads and teams to identify and support gap mitigation.
- Review risk responses with the relevant stakeholders for validation of efficiency, effectiveness and economy.
- Provide T&I; with a ‘forward looking’ risk management view through cyclical horizon scanning reports.
- Establish a view and relevant mitigation plans relating to risks for the domain.
- Proactive in identifying service & control weakness through predictive & trend analysis and ensure well defined mitigation roadmaps.
- Work with teams, Chief Product Owner, Process Owner and Group Operational Risk teams to ensure ORF related activities are performed to mitigate the risks.
- Knowledge and understanding of Governance processes, especially on the controls and policies.
- Defines, enhance and drive a transparent service excellence & governance model with clear accountabilities.
- Manage communication of key risks/preventive actions and other key insights of services to stakeholders through appropriate forums including NFRC and other Sustainability forums (refinement meeting)
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CCIB T&I; -Transaction Banking team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Domain CIO, 2LOD, Operational Risk Officers, HICS, Chief Product Owner, Product Owner, Technology and Operations Head and teams.
Projects and Initiatives related to Technology
- Participate in relevant Technology projects and initiatives to bring proactive risk management focus, provide the right client focus by proactively looking at issues impacting client and running remediation programs.
- Performing strategic assessment of the benefits and potential value generation of the IT services right from conception through investment, execution and BAU stage
- Engage consistently with business, technology and operation teams for CCIB-TB T&I; throughout the whole lifecycle of IT investments and stay aligned to the overall roadmap and strategy of the bank.
- Works in agile environment and reviews business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and identify opportunities and risks.
- Develops, own and maintains product backlog with appropriate tracking and reporting
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog balancing requirement of stakeholders
- Collaborate and works with cross functional teams and various stakeholders for actionable outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, business management, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the financial banking industries focused on technology operational risk and/or technology risk related control functions.
- Balance technical/SME knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of current and emerging technology operating within financial institutions.
- Hands on demonstrable experience of first, second or third lines of defence.
- Consulting experience within technology, security, or risk management space is considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills to influence stakeholders and drive collaboration and alignment
- Other Professional certifications (e.g. PMP, ITIL, CoBIT, CISSP, CRISC, etc.)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.