About us :-Ola is India’s largest mobility platform and one of the world’s largest ride-hailing companies, serving 150+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners. Ola’s core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric, and India’s largest fleet management business. With its acquisition of Ridlr, India’s leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution,
Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through India’s largest network of kitchens under its Food business.Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us build and enhance platforms to achieve availability, scalability and operational effectiveness. The right individual will embrace the opportunity to tackle challenging problems and use their influence to drive continual improvement. You will also work on the cutting edge of technology, leveraging Kong, Repose, Docker, Mesos/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Chef, HaProxy, Nginx, GitLab, MySQL, Scylla, Aerospike, Service Mesh ( Istio/Linkerd), Prometheus etc.
- Managing Availability, Performance, Capacity of infrastructure and applications.
- Building and implementing observability for applications health/performance/capacity.
- Optimizing On-call rotations and processes.
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge.
- Managing Infra-platforms like Mesos/Kubernetes, CICD, Observability(Prometheus/New Relic/ELK, Databases, Data Platforms Infrastructure
- Providing help in onboarding new services with a production readiness review process.
- Providing reports on services SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts and Operational Overhead.
- Working with Dev and Product teams to define SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts.
- Working with the Dev team to have in depth understanding of the application architecture and its bottlenecks.
- Identifying observability gaps in product services, infrastructure and working with stake owners to fix it.
- Managing Outages and doing detailed RCA with developers and identifying ways to avoid that situation.
- Managing/Automating upgrades of the infrastructure services.
- Automate toil work.
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn, and deliver.
Critical Functional Skills
- A deep understanding of computer science, software development, and networking principles.
- Demonstrated experience with languages, such as Python, Java, Golang etc.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and good understanding the various linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc).
- Extensive experience in DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, GRPC, Routing and Load Balancing.
- Expertise in GitOps, Infrastructure as a Code tools such as Terraform etc.. and Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible.
- Experience in building CI/CD solutions with tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Spinnaker, Argo etc.
- Experience in managing and deploying containerized environments using Docker, Mesos/Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with multiple datastores is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Couchbase, Scylla, Cassandra, Elasticsearch).
- Experience with data platforms tech stacks like Hadoop, Hive, Presto etc is a plus.
- 4+ Years of experience as an SDE/DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer on large scale microservices and infrastructure.