At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using WhatsApp. We’re a Y Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We are looking for an experienced operations associate in Bangalore, India to manage the engagement of the job seeker (supply) network associated with the Vahan platform. The role will focus on driving the engagement of low-skilled workers with the Vahan platform, ensuring that they utilise the platform for repeated opportunities.
The individual will need to experiment with different engagement models & value-added services,
understand the key drivers behind churn & attrition, and build & drive scalable processes to engage and retain job seekers. This requires a commitment to operational excellence, as well as creative thinking with a strong customer-centric mindset.
This role calls for versatile profiles that have a knack for solving problems along with the ability to push new initiatives, positively challenge the status quo and make the role what they want it to be.
What You'll Do
- Strategy - run experiments, develop and own initiatives for job seeker engagement on the platform
- Optimise spends - Manage spends for our 3PL vertical to increase engagement and drive efficiency
- Develop & optimize processes - scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics
- Analytics - analysis of job seeker and employer metrics to properly prioritise engagements, guide incentive programs and ensure high-quality experiences on the Vahan platform
- Hustle & creative solutioning - constantly innovate to solve hard problems
What you’ll need/ who you are
- 1+ years experience whether it be in a startup, bank, consultancy, operations, or corporate, you are someone who loves leading change in a fast-paced environment
- An analytical mindset and strong business acumen with extensive experience using SQL, Tableau, Python and Google Suites
- Critical thinking skills to identify, report, and mitigate key challenges & risks
- A lover of process and optimization: you are passionate about building processes and implementing them across the organization in a consistent and organized manner
- A bias for action and problem-solving skills: You embrace challenges and take ownership to create solutions.
- A strong communicator and collaborator: you are a phenomenal teammate and will work as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
- Able to work in a constantly evolving environment: you have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
- Commensurate with experience (cash + bonus)