About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WFIP) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFIP operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines.
We evaluate whether controls are well-designed and operating effectively. Our approach is tailored based on Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) data, and it supports proactive risk management in alignment with the Risk Management Framework. We perform evidence-based controls evaluations and document our outcomes based on applicable policies and standards.
About the Role
The controls evaluation team will perform evidence based control testing which may involve sampling and inspecting evidence to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls and whether they are mitigating the assigned risks.
This role will help in strengthening the business control environment through proactive evaluation of controls, identification of issues and by providing consultative guidance to the front line business groups. For this role, we are looking for a candidate with good understanding of risk management, operational risk and control evaluation methodologies with an ability to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Individual contributor role focusing on performing evidence based control evaluations by conducting various evidence gathering activities.
- Design, maintain and execute the control evaluation scripts, identify control deficiencies, document and escalate potential issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Validate & track action plans, escalate issues as required and document the control test artifacts and findings.
- Perform control evaluations for moderate to complex engagements, challenge status-quo and identify opportunities to add efficiencies or refining the existing processes.
- Engage and work with multiple stakeholders - front line business groups, risk program aligned functions and IRM teams for driving the objectives of risk and control programs.
- Instill and drive proactive risk culture, operational excellence and efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher. Relevant certifications will be an advantage
- Overall experience of 5+ years with 2 years of relevant experience in Financial Services industry and / or risk & control domains covering operational risk, controls testing / evaluation, compliance, internal audit, risk management etc.
- Experience in automation / advanced excel / reporting will be an advantage.
- General knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control evaluations / testing, internal audit and risk management processes.
- Experience creating test questions or test scripts
- Experience assessing control design and performance through testing, audit or Risk Control Self-Assessment practices
- Experience assessing processes, procedures and identifying controls
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, identifying control gaps and determining the appropriate evaluation methodology
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to multi task and work across domains and business groups.
- Ability to credibly challenge, conduct tough conversations and effectively communicate with various levels of management
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.