Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 14/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 15/Mar/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Lead the team of analysts to and manage issuance / response to BAU margin calls.
- Escalation of margin disputes to credit risk, business and sales
- Ensure that client queries, issues and complains etc are handled appropriately
- Active participation in industry working group (ISDA forum, Acadiasoft Forum etc), understand the business impact and create business case for its implementation.
- Facilitate process walkthrough with internal and external auditors
- Ensure policies, controls and procedures are current, relevant and maintained as per company or industry standards.
- Assisting newcomers and other teams with training around margin operations using tailored training
- Embody the company values and lead by example
- Identify and raise any concerns and risks to relevant stakeholders.
- Escalate all Non-policy issues to the right reporting chain.
- Ensure tasks are carried out within policies and procedures avoiding costs due to delays, compensation claims and operational losses.
- Escalation to Management, Operational Risk and Credit Risk teams as appropriate and in accordance with defined procedures.
- Continuous improvement of daily processing to increase efficiency
- Assist in managing new business requests globally
- Challenge existing process, continuously seek to improve the processes and controls
- Actively participate in BCP events such DR drill and call tree tests
- Participate in business prioritization, UAT tests and post implementation verification check
- Write up DOI, R&R; and SLA documents
Ideal Candidate :
- At least 10 years of working experience in Collateral Management, Middle office and banking operations
- Understanding of margin and portfolio reconciliation requirements under Doff-Frank, EMIR, HKMA, MAS etc
- Expert understanding of OTC Derivative, MTM valuation, Margining, ISDA/CSA, Repo and SBL and Trade sensitivities
- Sound understanding of the functioning of various asset classes, Trade Life Cycle, FO & MO functions and front to bank processing
- Sounds knowledge of industry platforms like Acadiasoft, Tri-Resolve, Bloomberg, Reuters, IM Exposure Manager etc
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, senior management and other stakeholders within the organisation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written & spoken communication, good team player and self-motivated
- Knowledge of operational processes, operational risks and controls
- Pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Proven ability to support identification of operational risks and to suggest control enhancements
- High level of PC literacy with a strong understanding of Microsoft Products
- EMIR, Dodd-Frank, HKMA margin rule and portfolio reconciliation requirement
- Murex MxCMS
- AcadiaSoft MarginSphere
- TriOptima triResolve
- Algo/Sentry/TLM Collateral Management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.