Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 14/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 15/Mar/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To ensure that all transactions related to unit are processed / checked within the agreed timeliness and accuracy as specified in the SLA with CPC or internally with any unit
- Processing and decision making as per the Departmental Operating Instructions manual and group standards as applicable
- To ensure that errors highlighted are rectified or reported on the same day of errors identified (specifically for the activities handled from time to time)
- To report / escalate exceptions to the Manager
- Upholding the values of the Group and Company at all times
- Compliance with all applicable Rules / Regulations of the Company and Group Policies and adherence to the Organization’s Code of Conduct
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and procedures to the extent applicable and Reporting all suspicious transactions to the Line Manager
- Comply with Group / Country KYC Guidelines and adhere to the relevant Controls and Checks
- Take responsibility / ownership and follow existing operational processes / controls and suggests if changes required with a view to mitigate Operational Risk
- Recommend process / work flow changes for greater efficiency and control
- Ensure timely completion of all MIS’s, Self Assurance checks, and all relevant regulatory and group returns
- To report unit’s OR issues and losses to UORM
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- To report accurate data in PS Tool and to report accurate data/MIS to the management
- Ensure Archival/Retrieval procedure for all documents is followed as applicable to the process
- To report system/applications issues on time
- Where applicable, proactively handle volume assignment, backup readiness, validation of submissions, handle queries and complaints
- Adherence to Service Level agreements & ensure to have minimal Pass 2 errors & NIL customer complaints/breaches
- Adherence to ALL of above requirements without exception
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.