IDP Education Ltd
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
This a new role created as part of our drive to place users at the heart of our culture and product development. IDP need an experienced UX Researcher to help inform and shape our market leading websites and apps for international students and IELTS test takers. We have ambitious plans, and this could be a career defining opportunity for the right individual.
Understanding customers (internal / external)
Being proud to champion the customer by creating great digital experiences
- Performing user research and using the results to inform product and feature decisions
- Manage all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (user testing) research
- Deliver research using appropriate methods including user interviews, user testing, ethnography, persona creation, customer journey mapping, survey design, A/B testing, log analysis, etc
- Using customer insights and a data-led analytical approach to influence the product decision-making process
- Speaking with your team and customers about what everyone requires the new service to do
- Taking existing prototypes and performing user testing of the proposed solutions
Compiling and documenting
- Summarise the findings and recommendations of research studies and communicate them clearly to the wider team or other interested parties
- Coach and train other members of the product team and wider company to take part in research activities
Creating customer-led solutions
- Work with Melbourne and Chennai-based business analysts and UX designers to inform their work to create wireframes and designs
- Drawing up draft wireframes from customer feedback to articulate how it should look and behave based on user needs
- Collaborating with other designers, clients, executives, engineers, and product managers to find solutions that improve user experience
Data led research
- Use web analytics and conversion rate optimisation techniques (ideally VWO) and tools to understand and enhance outcomes for users and clients and optimise revenue generation
- Use third party data to understand trends and segments that would inform your research
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Candidate with min 4+ years of experience from qualitative research background with UX research methods to guide digital product teams.
Experience in digital products and Mobile application marketing is mandatory
Should have hands on experience using data and insight tools like Hotjar / GA to gain insight
Experience in Leading focus group and workshops for user would be an added advantage.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.