Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 13/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 28/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Serve as a team member and key driver in creating efficiencies and add value to Tax CoE.
- Managing the assigned tasks professionally and efficiently.
- Ensuring compliance of regulations, policies and requirements.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of the team by utilizing interpersonal skills to work with members effectively.
- Continually reviewing all assigned processes in order to identify opportunities for quality and process design improvement.
- Ensuring total customer satisfaction by providing quality service, that is error free, submitted in a timely manner and communicated effectively.
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed from time to time.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
- To have detailed conceptual understanding on the technicality of direct taxation process.
- To have ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve any issue in the process activities.
- To have ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, manager, other team members and other GFS/GBS team whenever required.
- Should have working knowledge in MS office.
- Provide tax reporting and forecasting operational support to the Tax teams.
- Preparation of current tax and deferred tax calculations on a monthly/half yearly basis, calculation of Effective tax rate, quarterly substantiation of tax balances.
- Prepare IFRS (Tax accounting) packs– schedule completion, reconciliations, tax journals.
- Supporting to various tax compliance activities.
- Update Manager/AVP on key issues/risks in the process.
- Assist with global and regional tax initiatives.
- Interact with team members/stakeholders to understand the actual requirements and effective control is in the process.
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained and kept up to date for all the processes.
- Cross training/Knowledge sharing with fellow team members.
- Ensuring knowledge enhancement requirements from time to time by attending trainings, self study.
- Should have ability to diversify based on job needs.
- Country Tax/Finance Manager
- Other GFS/GBS team members and Managers, IT, HR
- Seamless service delivery of processes migrated to GFS.
- Meet or exceed the service levels agreed with the customers.
- Productivity, process improvements initiatives done in GFS
- Stakeholder Feedback
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.