We’re a global business – a multi-billion-dollar corporation. To stay strong and secure, it’s vital to have a robust audit and risk assessment of our financial and operational practices. That’s where our Internal Audit professionals come in. Preparing independent audit plans, conducting internal reviews and establishing audit criteria, they ensure full compliance with legislatively mandated initiatives including Sarbanes-Oxley. Auditing the activities of diverse departments, reporting the results to leadership and the Audit committee – and recommending controls if appropriate – this dedicated team makes sure that our organization is a fully compliant success.
Join us as a Controls Advisor on our CFS (Customer and Finance Services) Controls team in India, Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As part of CFS organization, the Controls Advisor would work in a team of 5 Compliance team members and manage internal controls activities for CFS Domains (Order Mgmt, Credit, Collection, Invoicing, CCare), Perform CFS Controls self-assessment to identify the need for new controls and checks; subsequently design and implement those checks together with continuous monitoring - CLCA approach and conduct regular meetings with CFS team members in all regions when rolling out a new Policy or Process – design & draft the new Policy
- Act as point of contact for External Auditors and Global Audit & Transformational team (“GAT”) on relevant assurance engagements & business initiatives. Coordinate audit engagements across all CFS domains & other stakeholders as needed. Provide regular updates to CFS executives.
- Manage Management Action Plans (“MAPs”) remediation steps ownership between CFS Ops & GAT. Perform coordination role to track, review & report MAPs status to avoid delays. Complete closure documentation reviews and lead discussions with GAT. Assess implications for Management Representation Letter (“MRL”) and key / non-key controls.
- Be key liaison for GAT SOX team and external auditors on annual SOX certification process for key controls. Support SOX controls process owners on design updates, narratives / flowcharts reviews, and internal testing.
- Plan & administer internal testing program for non-key controls, particularly involving OM, Credit, Collection, Invoicing. Support control owners on controls design updates, testing & review.
- Play a part in quarterly risk assessment exercise and help drive alignment with key CFS executives. Collaborate with CFS key stakeholders on top risks calibration exercise to develop quarterly CFS controls risk heatmap.
- Support GAT team on relevant corporate risk assessment forums
- Good analytical skills. Strong focus on providing business solutions. Comfortable with ambiguity and process / risks oriented
- General understanding of Internal Audit responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentations). Ability to interact professionally at all levels. Team player.
- Broad understanding of CFS – Customer & Finance Services business model and/or operational systems is an advantage
- Exposure to environment with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Background in Internal Controls or Audit
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 28 February 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R114641