JD for Finance Executive (UK)
Are you looking to put your technical and business acumen to work at a fast-growing Silicon Valley startup? Willing to roll up your sleeves, jump in, and create results working alongside a seasoned, dedicated group of entrepreneurs? Roambee Corporation (www.Roambee.com) is a Santa Clara based IoT tech startup revolutionizing the way shipments and assets get monitored around the world in real time. By providing an easy, trusted, on-demand service, we create new opportunities for people to unlock efficiencies, gain more security, achieve improved levels of collaboration, and receive actionable information. With 200+ customers in over 15 countries, and offices in Silicon Valley, India, Germany, Mexico,
Brazil and UK we work with our customers to ensure they have a new degree of control of their shipments than ever thought possible. Roambee has entered into a strategic partnership with Deutsche Telekom.
Roambee has the heart, soul, and work-ethic of a start-up, along with significant business momentum and measurable success. You will get the opportunity to work side-by-side as well as virtually, with talented, really smart people who have already cut their chops at the big companies and other successful start-ups. Now, we've chosen to take the professional risks – and earn the rewards – that comes with building a global business from the ground up. If this excites you too, then consider joining us.
As Finance Executive, you will be part of Europe financing team and team Assistant Manager – Europe in managing finance function of entire Europe region
This role reports to the Assistant Manager – Finance
Your area of responsibility:
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements according to generally accepted accounting principles
- Manage account payables.
- Develop and maintain relationship with, banks and help company with all types of banking.
- Post business transactions in the Global Accounting software (; creditors; property, plant and equipment).
- Ensure timely compliances of all key business reports.
- Prepare financial/business reports e.g. cash flow, inventory etc. for internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaising with other department to ensure adherence to finance calendar
- Work on our planning process and help shape the strategies and tactics in the finance area.
- Bring your ideas into a company's mix and objectively evaluate their efficacy and success.
What we’re looking for:
- Business-related studies with a specialization in financial accounting, tax, controlling or something similar.
- Fair knowledge/understanding of GAAP and tax laws
- High proficiency in in MS Office and experience with ERPs.
- 3-4 years of work experience as an accountant in preparing of financial statements according to GAAP.
- Outstanding ability to convert theoretical knowledge into practical skills and reasoning.
- Outcome-orientated and ability to show initiative and responsibility.
- Good at structuring, prioritizing your work and you show responsibility towards your tasks.
- Teamwork, analytical thinking and excellent communication skills should all be among your strengths as well as intercultural competency and a high work-load tolerance.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic start-up environment.
- You have excellent English communication skills in writing and speaking.
- Strong people management skills
- Interest or experience in supply chain management or transportation and logistics a big plus!
The position begins as soon as we find the right candidate. Compensation is negotiable and depends on
experience and skill level.
This job is located in Mumbai.