Job Profile Summary
Grade GResponsible for developing and managing processes to support internal planning and performance management and external performance reporting, using advanced technical capabilities to support projects in own area, perform short and long-term performance analysis and insights, working collaboratively to drive continuous improvement and drive the production of management information.
The key requirement of the role is Gas marketing, planning, commercial evaluation,
and analysis to build bp’s gas business in India and will require the individual to engage with bp policy advocacy team to navigate issues and influence critical decisions in support of both bp and the country & its citizens at large.
- Evaluate the fast-changing gas market environment (both globally and in India) and its impact on bp’s value
- Knowledge and understanding of various end-user segments of natural gas (current and likely new segments as India move towards a gas-based economy)
- Create and maintain segment/customer wise gas demand and supply position
- Structuring and terms governing Gas sales agreements; value drivers for RIL-bp joint venture as sellers of gas
- Understanding of downstream gas value chain and what are the key drivers which buyers will look at in deciding which gas (imported or domestic) to buy – gas to gas competition
- Jointly with Reliance, regular connect / meetings with existing and potential gas customers; building and maintaining the relationships
- Undertake gas pricing analysis and recommend how we benchmark KGD6 gas in terms of price realization from time to time
- Along with Reliance, monitoring of Gas sales operations between multiple buyers with different pricing contracts to protect and enhance value to the joint venture
- Work closely with bp IST team and Reliance for multiple e-auctions of the gas production from R-series, Satellite Cluster and MJ field as per the agreed marketing strategy
- Working with various budget owners including respective teams of Operator Reliance, lead delivery of the Business Planning and other governance requirements
- Analysis & preparation of the MI for various Execs reviews and other regional requirements
- Lead review of the Annual Work Programme & Budget to support BP approvals
- Track and communicate Plan performance to relevant stakeholders
- Lead bp India risk management process in line with bp policy and work across teams for quarterly risk reviews.
Essential Education and Experience
- CA or CFA or MBA or Post Graduate qualifications in Finance professional with around 15 years of relevant experience. Excellent interpersonal skills, inclusive style and strong personal impact.
- Ability to work with local / global cross business / functional teams.
- Go-getter, who can manage complex issues and external relationships with maturity and judgement
- Keen business / commercial mindset, with an ability to think strategically and deliver to business needs.
- Possess good written & verbal communications skills
- The incumbent should ideally have a strong potential for further growth within bp.
Job Family Group
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Yes - up to 10%
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For you this means working with us on:
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.