7+ years experience
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust,
and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
Who you are..
- Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Vmware Operating Systems (Hardware, Software).
- Perform installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning.
- Experience in Vmware System Administrator to support various flavors of Windows servers.
- Should be able to review Backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures
A day in the role...
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Will include being involved in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support Vmware and windows servers.
- Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
- Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
- Implement Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good knowledge of 7-10 Years inVmware / WINDOWS v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows and Windows environments
- VMware Infrastructure 5.5,6.0,6.5 / vSphere 5.5,6.0,6.5, Virtual Center, NSX and VDI.
- P2V, V2V and P2P migrations using VMware Converter and Platespin Suite.
- Sound knowledge on DRS, vMotion, SV motion, Storage Concepts, File structure, VMFS 5.0, 6.0
- Solving ESX host with RCLI.
- VCB and VMware Data Recovery knowledge will be an additional plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems including, Active Directory.
- In depth understanding of supporting technologies: IIS, WINS/DHCP/DNS, Systems Management, Optimization Tuning, High Availability configurations (Microsoft Clustering, etc.).
- Added advantage if experienced on Veritas Clustering and Veritas Cluster Administration
- Experience in P2V, VMotion and VMware virtual center.
- Knowledge and expertise of OS clustering, partitioning and virtualization.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge on Vmware & WINDOWS/MB Systems and architecture.
- Preferreed Vmware Vsphere 5.0 & 5.5administration skills
- Experience with large-scale enterprise projects.
- Hands on delivery in a client facing environment (Preferably for Global Client Management)
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.