Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 01/Mar/2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To deliver High Quality Tests – end to end within specified budgets and timelines
- Understand the testing requirement from the project perspective
- Prepare test case and test scenario and test plans as per test strategy for SIT
- Automate test cases and execute automation scripts
- Run tests & execute with Test planning, tracking and status reporting in line with test processes laid
- Responsible to deliver the system on own. Engage the stakeholders and responsible for test coordination, participate in daily and weekly status meetings, prepare test closure reports and signoffs.
- Run the tests as per the Quality Processes under the Governance structure agreed with all stake-holders in the Test Strategies and Test plans
- To work closely with the delivery functions and ensure compliance with testing, configuration and release management processes for the projects responsible.
- Deliver test projects according to the goals & standards as defined by Project
- Defect Reporting, Status Reporting, traceability and Defect Management.
- Responsible for testing, artifacts preparation, timelines of testing.
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Create acceptance tests that will be automated as part of each sprint
- Automate the testing in-sprint and during SIT using the right tool set – Licenced/Open source
- Ensure continuous integration for testing code and implement continuous testing
- Risk and Issue Management - Identify, mitigate and escalate testing risks and issues
- Contribute in Development, standardization & rollout of testing framework on Test governance, life cycle, process, techniques, standards, tools etc.
- Contribute in Developing Engagement Models, generic and specific
- Contribute in Identifying test process improvement initiatives to maximize efficiency
- Being responsive to Customer needs, as well as managing Customer Expectations.
- Managing the test requirements, and changes in a manner that the Impact of Changes to the project is well understood, and approval for making changes is provided only by the body empowered to do so after fully understanding the impact of the changes.
- Ensure that there are No defect leakages and High Severity incidents for all tests delivered, in subsequent phases and in production.
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed by SDF from time to time.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Ensuring that the Software Quality Management Practices, and policies laid down by SDF are strictly adhered to in all areas managed by the person.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
KEY Skill Set required:
- ETL & ETL Testing experience
- Test Process
- Advance SQL, Advance Unix, Shell Scripting, Python, Tableau, Micro Strategy testing
- Hive, Big Data, HQL, HDFC knowledge and exposure from testing perspective
- Agile experience, Git/Github
- Focus & Discipline- Service, Costs
- Customer Focused
- Living our values.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.