The first Lowe's hardware store was founded 100 years ago, in 1921.
Lowe's Innovation Labs is building the next 100 years of Lowe's. We exist to change the face of home improvement retail, and to help Lowe's thrive for decades to come. We specialize in emerging technologies and take a deliberately long-term view of what our customers expectations will be, what the concept of home will be, and what retail will look like -- in order to deliver meaningful change today.
Lowe's Innovation Labs-India plays a critical role in realizing our global team's charter. This team is the innovation hub for Lowe's India - and a platform for enabling low-friction,
business-led innovation that will generate a scalable impact over the next several years. Specifically, this team drives innovation throughout the Lowe's enterprise by building relationships and programs within India's technology ecosystem by building a platform that connects Lowe's business and tech stakeholders with world-class Indian tech ecosystem partners in order to develop customer- and associate-facing innovation concepts and by developing programming that fosters an innovation culture throughout Lowe's India.
We're looking for a new Director to lead our Bengaluru-based team, an individual who will serve as the public face for Lowe's Innovation Labs-India and will collaborate with global counterparts to drive outside-in innovation for home improvement retail. This role is highly visible, strategic and operations oriented. As Director, this individual will: oversee the development and execution of our ecosystem engagement platform develop strategic points-of-view governing how emerging technologies will transform home improvement retail interact regularly with senior company leadership and serve as a public ambassador for Lowe's Innovation Labs within the Indian technology ecosystem.
This role reports to the Sr Director, Ecosystem.
- Develops our Indian ecosystem strategy and oversees the end-to-end execution of our ecosystem engagement platform, with a focus on driving low-friction, business-led innovation that can positively impact Lowe's customers and associates over the next 2-3 years
- Tells the Lowe's innovation story internally and externally via media, conferences and events in compelling, breakthrough ways
- Conducts research and crafts strategic points of view that articulate how emerging and exponential technologies, like AI, advanced visualization (AR/VR/3D), computer vision and next-generation materials and manufacturing can be leveraged to transform Lowe's business over the next several years
- Collaborates closely with core enterprise stakeholders and Lowe's Innovation Labs-U.S. counterparts to enable the execution of partner-driven innovation concepts
- Gets hands-on with a portfolio of external/internal outreach and brand-building programs, and develops strong relationships within India's tech ecosystem, ranging from entrepreneurs to academics to Fortune 500 corporations to regional technology media outlets
- Works directly with startups to generate and refine highly impactful innovation concepts
- Navigates a large corporate environment, securing alignment and buy-in with senior leadership for strategic plans, budgets and programs
- Manages personal development for the Lowe's Innovation Labs-India team
- Brings a strong understanding of process development for highly ambiguous environments and develops processes that reliably generate high impact ideas
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of business experience
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience managing accelerator/incubator cohorts or programs
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives and influencing senior leadership within multinational corporations
- 5 years of experience leading teams with direct reports
- In-depth experience with a subset of emerging technologies
- Willingness to work as both a leader of a small team and as an independent contributor
As an In-Office associate you will come into office five days a week and have dedicated seating in our Lowe's Bangalore Office.