About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation.
Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India's ‘Make in India policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. India
Hierarchical reporting to Project Planning Manager/Planning Metier Head.
Network & Links
- Design Team, Sourcing, supply chain, Installation and Testing and commissioning teams.
- Project Manager and Project Director
- Other internal stakeholders to execute the projects.
- Relationships with customers and consultants
Purpose of the Job
- Manage of the Project planning activités from the Inception till the project closure.
- Supporting the Bid activities.
- Inetrnal KPI and project/Projects Reporting to the Management and to the customers.
- Oversee the development of comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes incorporating engineering documentation delivery planning, materials planning, and site activities planning.
- Continuously monitor the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress.
- Identify critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented to maximize project quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Through accurate reporting on Work Package progress, ensure that all functional activity on the project is coordinated and ensure that problems and bottlenecks are anticipated and resolved in a timely manner to prevent negative impact on the project.
- Provide regular reports and feedback to management on project progress and critical issues.
- Organize and lead periodic Project Schedule Sessions,
- highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline
- Provide sufficiently accurate data to enable the Work Package Managers and Project Managers to ensure that coordinated project activity complies with and delivers company financial and business targets on cash and project margins.
- Maintain the interface between Planning, Finance and Project Management and ensure that all project reporting is coordinated, robust, timely and accurate and that there is ‘one version of the truth at all times.
- Through active dialogue with Work Package Managers and the Project Manager, ensure that the project programmes will deliver customer and contractual requirements to time and cost.
- Ensure that regular project co-ordination meetings are conducted on the status of the project with specific reference to engineering activity, sourcing, quality, cost and delivery.
- Support the Planning Manager with business requests and auditing the programmes against the planning procedure / work instruction.
- Ensure all programmes under their control are updated and reviewed in line with the planning procedure / work instruction.
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share of best practices
- P&FM; reporting and monitoring on monthly basis.
- MPR and CPR updates for supporting the project Manager and Project Planning Manager.
- EVM , Physical progress curves preparation.
- Monthly and weekly reports preparation for internal and to the customer submissions.
- Weekly reporting of the Design deliverables, Procurement, installation and T&C; progress status to the Customer and to the internal Management.
- Occasional Travel to project site/ Monthly once if required.
- Supporting the Project Manager and Planning Manager in Conducting the Weekly project review meetings with the project core team.
- Collecting the site installation and T&C; information from Project site for reporting as and when needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education & Experience
- 7-10 years of Project Planning, scheduling and Monitoring experience in releavent filed/ EPC Projects.
- B.tech /BE (Engineering Graduate).
- Experience in Planning tools- Primavera and MS Project.
- Excellent communicator, Strong collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language
- IT Skills: MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Job location in Project Engineering Design office, has to travel to customer location/Lead Units as per the requirement.
An agile, inclusive and responsiblecultureis the foundation of ourcompanywhere diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advanceintheir careers.We are committed toencouragingour employeesto reach their full potential,while valuing and respecting them as individuals.